|Dimensions||182mm x 120mm x 10mm|
|Release Date||August 2012|
|SoC||A13 @ 1Ghz|
|DRAM||512MiB DDR3 @ 408MHz|
|Power||DC 5V @ 2.0A, 2080mAh 3.7V Li-Ion battery|
|LCD||800x480 (7" 5:3)|
|Touchscreen||5-finger capacitive (Elan EKT3632)|
|Audio||3.5mm headphone plug, internal speaker, internal microphone|
|Network||WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (Realtek RTL8188EUS)|
|USB||1 USB2.0 OTG|
|Camera||0.3MP (640x480) front (Galaxycore GC0308)|
The PCB has the following silkscreened on it:
In Android, under Settings->About Tablet, you will find:
- Model Number: SoftwinnerEvb
- Build Number: 713B7.B1.50.TZX.R01.eng.0121
The device is supported and maintained in mainline U-Boot. There is no mainstream kernel support at this point.
Some features are missing on Linux (sunxi-3.4 branch):
- Touchscreen support is not there but external patches are available
- Accelerometer support is not there but external patches are available
- For building u-boot, use the "TZX-Q8-713B7" target.
- The .fex file can be found in sunxi-boards as tzx-q8-713b7.fex
Everything else is the same as the manual build howto.
For building mainline U-Boot, use the TZX-Q8-713B7 target.
Tips, Tricks, Caveats
Any button (VOL-, VOL+) triggers FEL mode.
Adding a serial port (voids warranty)
The devices uses UART1 for U-Boot and Linux messages: make sure to properly set console=ttyS1 and spawn getty on ttyS1.
See the Q8 tablet format disassembly page.
Locating the UART
Uart has 2 pads on the back of the PCB (near the SoC). On the A13, UART1 is on pins 151 and 152, which are left of the SoC. Just solder on some wires according to the UART howto
Also known as