Current issues / problems encountered:
- U-Boot regression: For v2015.07 the switch to driver model breaks U-Boot compilation when
CONFIG_NETCONSOLEis defined (reported to ML). v2015.10 fixed that.
- Commit c32a6fd breaks MII detection (and thus U-Boot networking) for Banana Pi, fc8991c fixes it again. However that means networking support in U-Boot v2016.03 is broken.
- Current U-Boot master may crash during USB initialization: http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2016-April/250372.html (patch available, but only merged into u-boot-usb.git so far). Fixed with commit cfb3f1c (contained in v2016.05-rc1).
I'm currently staying with (and recommending) U-Boot release v2015.04 for the BPi. That version works well while enabling all the features I tend to use.
As of v2015.10, U-Boot support is rather complete again - one missing thing is support for the (green) status led.
Mainline kernel "missing clock-frequency property": A suggested patch never made it anywhere?
- STM32 VL Discovery board
- Extend "fel spl" command to handle both parts of u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin, and have "fel uboot" interact with U-Boot (support autostart of script via bootcmd_fel). Merged into sunxi-tools (and U-Boot v2015.10).
- see also: github sunxi-tools
Move along, nothing to see here...
- Note: If you get back something like
usb_bulk_send() ERROR -7: Operation timed out, chances are that the DRAM has not been initialized. This is usually an indication that the SPL (or boot0) wasn't loaded/executed properly. You might have to select an alternative method (UART) of entering FEL, or use
sunxi-fel spl ...before giving the "read" commands.
See http://irclog.whitequark.org/linux-sunxi/2016-04-29#16309060 ff.
Also: This method seems outdated / unreliable anyway - it isn't guaranteed that the sought information is present at those specific DRAM locations?
- ARM architecture, Security extensions (TrustZone)
- ARM Infocenter, TrustZone Technology
- TrustZone Protection Controller Register Guide
sunxi-tools / FEL boot
(snippets from U-Boot and linux-sunxi mailing lists)