|CPU||Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A7 @ 1.5 GHz|
|Video||CPU/RGB LCD, LVDS, MIPI DSI|
|Audio||I2S, PCM, AC97|
|USB||OTG, 2x Host|
|Release Date||June 2014|
Allwinner A33 (sun8i) SoC features a Quad-Core Cortex-A7 ARM CPU, and a Mali400 MP2 GPU from ARM. It is a Quad-Core pin-to-pin-compatible version of A23 (which in turn is a lower power, cut-down, not-pin-compatible version of the A20).
A33 SoC Features
- ARM Cortex-A7 Quad-Core
- 512 KB L2-Cache (shared between four cores)
- 256 KB (Instruction) / 32 KiB (Data) L1-Cache per core
- SIMD NEON, VFP4
- Large Physical Address Extensions (LPAE) 1 TB
- ARM Mali400 MP2
- Featuring 1 vertex shader (GP) and 2 fragment shaders (PP).
- Complies with OpenGL ES 2.0
- DDR3/DDR3L controller
- NAND Flash controller and 64-bit ECC
- Full HD 1080p video decoding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SP/ASP GMC, H.263, H.264, WMV9/VC-1, and VP8
- BD Directory, BD ISO and BD m2ts video decoding
- H.264 High Profile 1080p @ 30 fps encoding
- 2160×1080 @ 30 fps 3D decoding
- Complies with RTSP, HTTP,HLS,RTMP,MMS streaming media protocol
- CPU/RGB/LVDS LCD interface 1280x800 resolution
- MIPI DSI interface up to 1280x800 resolution
- Integrated parallel 8-bit I/F YUV sensor
- Integrated 24-bit parallel YUV 444 I/F
- 5M/8M CMOS sensor support
- Dual-sensor support
- Integrated HI-FI 100 dB Audio Codec
- Dual MIC noise cancellation
- X-Powers AXP223, designed for the A23, connected via Allwinner's Reduced Serial Bus (RSB)
- A33 User Manual v1.0 (PDF, 580 pages, 2014-05-25)
- A33 Datasheet v1.0 (PDF, 35 pages, 2014-05-21)
- A33 User Manual v1.1 (PDF, 574 pages, 2014-09-22)
- A33 Datasheet v1.1 (PDF, 35 pages, 2014-09-22)
- File:Allwinner R16 User Manual V1.2.pdf (PDF, 529 pages, 2016-01-07)
- File:R16 Datasheet V1.4 (1).pdf (PDF, 30 pages, 2016-06-21)
- File:AXP223 Datasheet V1.0 en.pdf (PDF, 54 pages, 2015-05-25)
A33 will officially support Android 4.4 and above from AllWinner, so no official multi-OS support like some other higher-end AllWinner SoCs.
Below are links on pan baidu for the original A33 SDK. You will need to install the Baidu Yun Guanjia download manager in order to download the files.
( Links Down )
Build instructions are here
I was able to succesfully build the SDK on Ubuntu 12.04 (after installing dependencies and java) and burn it to an SDCard using PhoenixCard and have it run on an A33 tablet.
You may need to replace the y3 sys_config.fex with an appropriate fex for your A33 tablet.
The build image works on several of my A33 tablets, but gets stuck on the loading screen on some others.