Jump to navigation Jump to search
- buildroot config: http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/users/arokux/buildroot/buildroot_config.
- NOTE: You need to set BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_PATH properly.
- It includes some firmware, you might want to delete it. First, make sure it builds and boots, then you make it even slimer.
State of the art of the Dual Role USB Controller (USB OTG) on sunxi-3.4
- Allwinner code
- automatic switching between host and gadget mode works
- works in gadget mode with g_ether (does not work with g_cdc). You need to plug USB cable twice. Network interfaces must be configured with ifconfig/route. It will NOT work if configured with ip from iproute2.
- works in host mode
- musb-sunxi (musb with sunxi glue)
- automatic switching between host and gadget mode DOES NOT work
- works in device with g_cdc or g_ether. For g_ether network interfaces must be configured with ifconfig/route. It will NOT work if configured with ip from iproute2.
- works in host mode
Setting up network channel with ifconfig/route
#on board IP_HOST=192.168.0.123 IP_BOARD=192.168.0.124 ifconfig usb0 $IP_BOARD netmask 255.255.255.0 route add default gw $IP_HOST route
#on host IP_HOST=192.168.0.123 sudo ifconfig usb0 $IP_HOST netmask 255.255.255.0
Setting up network channel with ip
#on board IP_HOST=192.168.0.123 IP_BOARD=192.168.0.124 ip address add $IP_BOARD/24 dev usb0 ip link set usb0 up ip route add default via $IP_HOST
#on host IP_HOST=192.168.0.123 sudo ip address add $IP_HOST/24 dev usb0
$ ip addr #show all addresses $ ip -s link show eth0 #statistics for eth0 $ ip route $ ip link set eth0 up #or down $ ip address add $IP/24 dev eth0 $ ip route add default via $GW_IP #default route
Debian/Ubuntu ip cheat sheet (without NM)
allow-hotplug usb0 iface usb0 inet static address 10.11.12.13 netmask 255.255.255.0
allow-hotplug usb0 iface usb0 inet manual pre-up ifconfig usb0 up post-up brctl addif bridge usb0
iface bridge inet static bridge_ports some_interface another_interface address 10.11.12.13 netmask 255.255.255.0 # faster bridge startup - useful with dhcp post-up brctl setfd bridge 3
allow-hotplug usb0 iface usb0 inet static address 10.11.12.14 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 10.11.12.13
nameserver 10.11.12.13 nameserver 22.214.171.124