|Dimensions||88mm x 32mm x 16mm|
|Release Date||April 2013|
|Website||Unknown product website|
|SoC||A20 @ 1Ghz|
|DRAM||1GB DDR3 @ 384MHz|
|Power||DC 5V @ 2A|
|Video||3.5mm A/V plug, HDMI (Type C - mini)|
|Audio||3.5mm A/V plug, HDMI (Type C - mini)|
|Network||WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (Realtek RTL8723AU)|
|USB||1 USB2.0 Host, 1 USB2.0 OTG|
- 1 Identification
- 2 Sunxi support
- 3 Tips, Tricks, Caveats
- 4 Adding a serial port (voids warranty)
- 5 Pictures
- 6 Also known as
- 7 See also
The casing and packaging is exactly the same as the MK808B which is why it shows Dual Core A9 Processor on the casing and references RK3066 on the packaging. There should be a small sticker on the packaging indicating it's the MK808C, though. The only indication that the device is a MK808C, without plugging it in, is a small 3.5mm A/V jack to the left of the OTG jack (neither the MK808 or MK808B have this).
In android, under Settings->About Tablet, you will find:
- Model Number: MK808C
- Build Number: "sugar_dongel_au8723-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20131214 test-keys" or "sugar_dongel_au8723-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20140225 test-keys"
- For building u-boot, use the "mk808c_A20" target.
- The .fex file can be found in sunxi-boards as mk808c.fex
Everything else is the same as the manual build howto.
Use the MK808C_defconfig build target.
Use the sun7i-a20-mk808c.dtb device-tree file for the mainline kernel.
Tips, Tricks, Caveats
The FEL button can be found by placing a pin into the hole in the top right corner of the bottom of the device. Pressing when powering up triggers FEL mode.
Wifi and Bluetooth
There's no support for the Realtek 8723au in the sunxi-3.4 kernel, but a driver can be installed separately. On that page you can find instructions for installing the wifi driver and the bluetooth driver.
Adding a serial port (voids warranty)
The case is fairly easy to open. Gently separate using a plastic tool, the pcb is sandwiched between the casing so just lift it out.
Locating the UART
The TX and RX pins for UART 0 are next to the SoC. A good place to solder the GND connection is on the pin to the HDMI connector which sticks through the board. More information is available at our UART howto.
The device is factory rooted but so far ADB over USB hasn't been possible. To use ADB install a SSH Server like SSHDroid and start up the service. With the information provided by the Android App you can remotely log into the device(the login prompt displays the password. Type "adb shell" to enter ADB mode.
Also known as
- Android 4.2.2 image (Build Number: sugar_dongel_au8723-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20131214 test-keys) - the file name is labelled MK818, but it has been tested to work with the MK808C
- Android 4.2.2 image (Build Number: sugar_dongel_au8723-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20140225 test-keys)
- Android 4.2.2 image (Build Number: sugar_dongel_au8723-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20140528 test-keys)