CherryPi PC H6
|CherryPi PC H6|
|Manufacturer||Shenzhen LC Technology Co., LTD.|
|Dimensions||85mm x 56mm|
|Release Date||January 2021|
|Website||CherryPi PC H6 Product Page|
|SoC||H6 @ 1.8Ghz|
|DRAM||1GiB LPDDR3 @ xxxMHz (Allwinner AW52A8G32 x1)|
|NAND||8 GB eMMC|
|Power||via 5V Type-C USB or via 5V microB OTG|
|Video||HDMI (Type A - full)|
|Audio||via HDMI only|
|Network||WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (Ampak AP6212), 10/100 Mbps Ethernet (HanRun hr91105a)|
|USB||1 x USB2.0 Host, 1 x USB2.0 OTG, 1 x USB3.0 Host|
CherryPi PC H6 is a development board by Shenzhen LC Technology Co., Ltd. based on Allwinner H6 in a standard Raspberry Pi 3/4 form factor.
The board comes with a preinstalled Android TV-tailored firmware based on v3.10.65 Linux kernel. The firmware has no root access.
Mainline Linux support
The board is able to boot mainline Linux kernel (such as v5.4.65) with Ubuntu Focal rootfs. A device image could be prepared using Xulong orangepi-build, with OrangePi 3 selected as a target device. The OrangePi 3 device tree is not fully compatible with Cherry Pi PC H6. Ethernet adapter does not work; wireless adapter works, but with a very low bandwidth. Wireless connection could be established with NetworkManager cli:
nmcli d wifi connect <WiFiSSID> password <WiFiPassword>
Tips, Tricks, Caveats
- USB2 mini port has been tested to work safely in OTG mode. In order to enable OTG mode, do the following:
- decompile /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-3.dtb to dts with a corresponding dtc compiler
- change dr_mode from "host" to "otg" for node [email protected]
- compile dts back into dtb
- overwrite /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-3.dtb with the new dtb
- USB3 A port is operated by the DWC3 driver, and may have OTG support as well, but this one is not tested and can be unsafe
The UBOOT (Upgrade) button triggers FEL mode.
Standard on-board GND/TX/RX 3-pin UART pin header (3.3V), refer to the UART howto for more information.