|Dimensions||10cm x 6cm|
|Release Date||October 2012|
|Website||Cubieboard Product page|
|SoC||A10 @ 1Ghz|
|DRAM||512MiB/1GiB DDR3 @ 432MHz|
|Power||DC 5V @ 2A (4.0mm/1.7mm barrel plug - centre positive)|
|Audio||3.5mm headphone plug, 3.5mm microphone plug, HDMI|
|Network||10/100 Ethernet (Realtek RTL8201CP)|
|Storage||µSD, SATA (+5v power)|
|USB||2 USB2.0 Host, 1 USB2.0 OTG|
|Other||IRDA (Vishay HS0038B)|
|Headers||2 48pin expansion ports which export (amongst others): I2C (TWI), SPI, RGB/LVDS, CSI/TS, FM-IN, ADC, CVBS, VGA, SPDIF-OUT, touch-panel|
Cubieboard is a small (10x6cm), hacker friendly, extendable and very low-cost while powerful ARM board with Allwinner A10 SoC.
The board helpfully reads "Cubietech" "Cubieboard.org" and has an A10 chip on it. :)
The cubieboard is well represented within the main sunxi developer community and has excellent support both in u-boot as well as 3.4 and mainline kernels.
Cubietech also has a bunch of official firmwares available on their download page.
Generating a HW pack for the cubieboard is easily done with the sunxi-bsp and well supported.
Under the BSP the cubieboard is simply known as cubieboard. Just run:
./configure cubieboard make
- For building u-boot, use the "Cubieboard" target.
- The .fex file can be found in sunxi-boards as cubieboard.fex
Everything else is the same as the manual build howto.
Use the sun4i-a10-cubieboard.dts device-tree file for the mainline kernel.
Tips, Tricks, Caveats
The FEL button triggers FEL mode.
- The two expansion headers U14 and U15 invite you to create your own extension board
- Adding a second SD Card slot
- Adding a reset button
- Adding a JTAG header
- Bypassing USB2 current limiter
- Building Android TV image
- Building jellybean for cubieboard
- Installing on NAND
- Build your own embedded linux with buildroot
- Run linux 3.9 on Cubieboard
- USB Webcam Surveillance on Cubieboard
Adding a serial port
There is a nice 2.54mm pin header near to the SoC. All you have to do is connect the correct wires, according to our UART howto or the Cubieboard TTL howto. Do not connect Vcc as that might damage your board.
Take some pictures of your device, upload them, and add them here.
Also known as
The cubieboard was a major success, and it has become a name of its own. Therefor, no rebadging has taken place, but there might be some bad chinese rip-offs out there, which carry the same name.
Next to the sunxi community, the cubieboard has its own cummunity.
- Forums on cubieforums.com
- #cubieboard IRC channel on Freenode. Click to join via WebChat).