|Manufacturer||Gemei Technologies (Defunct)|
|Dimensions||244mm x 187mm x 12mm|
|Release Date||February 2012|
|SoC||A10 @ 1Ghz|
|DRAM||1GiB DDR3 @ 432MHz|
|Power||DC 5V @ 3A, 8000mAh 3.7V Li-Ion battery|
|LCD||1024x768 (9.7" 4:3)|
|Touchscreen||10-finger capacitive (Goodix GT801 2+1)|
|Video||HDMI (Type C - mini)|
|Audio||3.5mm headphone plug, HDMI, internal stereo speakers, internal speaker, internal microphone|
|Network||WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (Realtek RTL8188CUS)|
|USB||2 USB2.0 OTG|
|Camera||1.3MP (1280x1024) front, 5MP (2560x1920) rear|
|Other||Accelerometer (Bosch BMA250)|
If a device is special, then feel free to provide a terse description of what makes this device so special. But terse, no novels, no marketing blurp.
In android, under Settings->About Tablet, you will find:
- Model Number: MID970
- Build Number: 03F2-P1-H1-H01-AH40.20120330
- Kernel version: 3.0.8+ inet_dada@InetSoftware #162
sunxi_Gemei_G9_defconfigtarget, queued for u-boot-2015.4 in sunxi-wip
- mainline kernel:
sun4i-a10-gemei-g9.dtsdevicetree, queued for linux-3.21
Things that still need work
- Audio (waiting for sun4i DMA patches)
- Battery management (axp209 powersupply driver)
- Camera interface (no CSI driver)
- Touchscreen (no gt801_2plus1 driver)
- USB OTG (host mode part works)
Somewhat supported. Wifi could be acting up still.
- For building u-boot, use the "Gemei_G9" target.
- The .fex file can be found in sunxi-boards as zatab.fex.
Everything else is the same as the manual build howto.
Tips, Tricks, Caveats
Add MANUFACTURER DEVICE specific tips, tricks, Caveats and nice to have changes here.
The something button triggers FEL mode.
Device specific topic
Adding a serial port (voids warranty)
Remove the two screws on the connectors side. Gently pry the back cover off with your plastic tool.
Locating the UART
There are clearly labelled UART pads under the touchscreen cable. Just solder on some wires according to our UART howto.
Also known as
- The ZaReason ZaTab seems to be using same mainboard, but it lacks the USB hub chip. (ZaTab Motherboard Picture).