Building CyanogenMod for ZaTab
How to compile CyanogenMod for ZaReason ZaTab
This how-to was written for Ubuntu 10.04 & Ubuntu 10.10, ZaTab, CyanogenMod 9.x (Ice Cream Sandwitch), on 29 Jun 2012.
Prepare the Build Environment
- NOTE: You only need to do these steps the first time you build. If you previously prepared your build environment, skip to Copy proprietary files.
Install the ADB
- Install the Android SDK
Install the Build Packages
Install using the package manager of your choice:
For 32-bit & 64-bit systems:
git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev openjdk-6-jdk pngcrush schedtool
For 64-bit only systems:
g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilib
gcc-4.3-multilib g++-4.3-multilibis no longer available for Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit, but should still build without issue.
Create the Directories
You will need to set up some directories in your build environment.
To create them:
mkdir -p ~/bin
mkdir -p ~/android/system
Install the Repository
Enter the following to download make executable the "repo" binary:
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
- NOTE: You may need to reboot for these changes to take effect.
Now enter the following to initialize the repository:
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
wget http://turl.linux-sunxi.org/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifest.xml
repo sync -j16
Copy proprietary files
- NOTE: This only needs done the first time you build. If you have already done these steps, you may skip to Download RomManager.
You will need to have a zatab with a working copy of CyanogenMod install and ADB working on the computer. This script will copy the proprietary files from the device.
Connect the device to the computer and ensure that ADB is working properly.
- NOTE: If some hardware isn't working, like camcorder or FM radio, you will need to find the updated prop blobs.
- NOTE: This only needs to be done when an update to the prebuilts is released. If you are-up-to date, you may skip to Building CyanogenMod.
Download the prebuilts which are needed by the build:
Check for updates
First, check for updates in the source:
Configure Build & Compile
Now, the environment must be configured to build and the ROM compiled, from code, for the zatab.
. build/envsetup.sh && brunch zatab
- Copy your .zip file from ~/android/system/out/target/product/zatab/cm-XXXXX.zip to the root of the SD card.
- Optional: Download Google Apps for CyanogenMod 9 and place it on the root of the SD card.
- Flash both of these .zip files from recovery.